Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Your Mother and Mine

"You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth...
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable." -- Kahlil Gibran

 



 One of my favorite Disney moments is Wendy singing the lost boys to sleep.  When I finally took the time to read Peter Pan, I fell in love with Mrs. Darling and her desire to have everything "just so."  The way she folded up her children's thoughts and feelings at the end of the day in the same way we mothers tidy a bedroom inspired me in the care of my children's needs.  There are so many little chores that we do as mama, and the care and keeping of the hearts and minds of our little one's can sometimes get pushed behind more immediate needs like "what's for lunch?"

As we ushered our fourth child into the world, I felt the assurance of a job well done and completed.  It really doesn't get any better than giving birth in total surrender to God and allowing Him to redeem even the act of bringing a life into this world.  I knew I had learned my lessons about natural childbirth when I pushed this beautiful 7 lb. 13 oz little boy into the world.  He was the reward for all my hard work.




So, as I go through life and learn through the hard experiences of really living, I know that there is a reward.  Someday all the pain will be over and I will hold my inheritance for a moment before I lay it right down at the feet of my King. 



No comments:

Post a Comment